CampusPINEWOOD RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL
The institution aims at a better system of education using modern equipments and audio-visual aids in the teaching-learning process to make the classroom teaching more effective and interesting.
There are two separate entities of the school, the 2nd one being The Institute of Primary Education while the first one is The Institute of Primary and Senior Secondary Education. In addition to this we also have Play-house for the age group of 2 years 6 months to 3 years 6 months and upper & lower Montessori classes with Montessori trained teachers for the age group 3 ½ to 5 years.
The school lays emphasis on the development of cultural heritage both of Assam and India, so that the students acquire a comprehensive knowledge of their motherland and develop a sense of involvement in it. Beginning from Playhouse to class XII, the school is a first step in the educational front of Academia Pinewood. The students passing out from this institution will shine bright in their respective career and also as individuals.
The medium of instruction here is English. However, the pattern of four language formula is followed viz., English, Assamese, Hindi and Sanskrit. The institution tends to teach spoken English by trained faculty.
The school also provides facilities of boarding. There are three hostels with special dormitories and A.C. wings for boys and girls. There are teachers who reside in the same wing of the hostel. Here, in this way the boarders are under the direct supervision of their teachers round the clock. A resident medical officer is another benefit the school provides, which ensures a complete medical coverage to both the students – boarders and day scholars.
The school also provides vaccination and regular medical check-up to the students.
- The syllabi and the course content is developed as per the CBSE guidelines based on the objectives of the institute keeping in mind the relevance of social needs. The academic calendar and courses are fixed for every month so that periodic tests can be held regularly from class I onwards. There is homework for the students from class I to XII and annual promotion is based on continuous and comprehensive evaluation as per CBSE guidelines.
- The standard curriculum prescribed for CBSE courses are followed from Class I.
- Adequate stress is laid on extracurricular activities such as games, yoga and sports, music and dance, art and crafts, martial arts and literary activities. They required touch with the nature and environment of Gurukulam is also maintained.
- Advisory services and continuous guidance is built in the academic activities with the primary objectives viz.:
- Help the students lagging behind.
- Find out special aptitudes in students.
- Develop the sense of self reliance among the students.
- All type of modern audio – visual aids including video cassettes, CD Roms, Overhead projectors, etc. are used to make the process of learning easier and interesting.
- Parents’ – teachers’ meet are a regular feature of the school to ensure fruitful interactions for the welfare of the pupils.
- Punctuality, Discipline and self-reliance is the motto of the institution in all spheres of activities.
- Dosier on every student is maintained to know the progress individually. Moreover, the teachers take special coaching and care to see a rising graph.
- Special coaching is also given to the students to enable them to fulfil their ambition and succeed at All India Entrance Tests like MAT, PMT (CBSE), JET, etc.
The school is equipped with well-trained, qualified and dedicatd teaching staff, maintaining a teacher-student ratio of 1:25-30. In addition, there is a provision of orientation training of faculty members. The chairman looks after the overall administrative setup of the school while Principal and the Headmaster/Mistress are in charge of the institute for Secondary and Senior Secondary level and the Institute of Primary education respectively.
The school has two separate multi-storied buildings for the two institutes. Similarly, there are three separate hostels for boys and girls and in addition to this, lodging facilities are also provided to the teaching staff.
The entire campus is planned to create a serene, blissful and congenial environment with a temple, garden, trees, etc. for mental, spiritual and academic development.
The well equipped library with books is not only confined to the subjects taught but also to cater to the modern teaching. It helps the all round mental horizon development of the students.
Laboratories are developed with all the essential amenities for effective training. Similarly computer facilities are made available to provide scope for modern teaching.
A large assembly hall known as Upendra Nath Bhagawati Memorial Auditorium has been constructed to make room for morning prayer and other get together. This hall is also used for indoor games.
Extra Curricular Activities:
Facilities have been developed for playground of various indoor and outdoor games, sports and gymnastics including martial arts and yoga. Similarly, playpens and gardens are provided for the young children with adequate number of Ayas to look after them. Computer & Type writing are made compulsory. Summer training camps are arranged for Cricket, Photography outdoor and indoor games etc. By trained persons. In addition to this, the school facilities the pupils to play various game under an efficient coach who has been involved with the coaching of the satate team for National level games.
Text and Exercise Book:
Text, Exercise books and stationery for student are supplied by the school authorities.
Nutritious vegetarian food is supplied to the student from the school canteen for breakfast, lunch & afternoon snacks prepared hygienically under medical supervision. The boarders are provided with veg./non-veg. Foods.